Patisa (Soan Papdi) Recipe
Patisa or Soan Papdi is a lovely Indian dessert. The best thing about this kid friendly dessert is that you don't need to bake it. It can be easily made in your pan.
The yummy dessert is made using gram flour which is the main ingredient of this recipe. It might be little hard for the new cooking enthusiasts but you can easily make it by following our step by step guide.
The flaky dessert is a treat for sweet tooth. Learn how to make it by following our detailed instructions in picture recipe below.
1.5 cup - gram flour. 1.5 cup - plain flour (maida). 250 gms- ghee. 2.5 cups - sugar. 1.5 cup - water. 2 tbsp - milk. 1/2 tsp- Cardamom seeds, crushed coarsely. 2 tsp - charmagaz (combination of 4 types of seeds) refer glossary. 4" squares cut from a thin polythene sheet.
How to Make Patisa (Soan Papdi):
- Mix both flours together.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden.
- Keep aside to cool a little and keep stirring occasionally.
- Prepare syrup simultaneously.
- Bring syrup to 2.5 thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture.
- Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms thread like flakes.
- Pour on to a greased surface or thali and roll to 1 inch thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the charmagaz seeds and elaichi and gently press down with palm.
- Cool and cut into 1 inch squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.
- Store in airtight container.