Pistachios Gujiya Recipe
Learn how to make Gujiya, a fabulous mithai(sweetmeat) popular during Holi and Diwali. This is a nutty version, made of maida and filled with cashewnuts and pistachios.
For filling 100 g - Pistachios 50 g - cashew 50 g - castor sugar, powdered A few drops - green food colour For puris: 300 g - Maida Dash of salt 4 tbsp - warm Ghee For frying 300 ml - Ghee or oil
How to Make Pistachios Gujiya:
- Soak pistachios and cashew nuts separately overnight.
- Peal the skin of pistachios in the morning. Towel dry the nuts and grind them to smooth paste.
- Now add sugar and food colour and mix uniformly. Use ghee or oil and make desired size balls and refrigerate it.
- Now to make dough. Mix salt with dry flour and add ghee, mix uniformly. Using required water and make soft dough.
- Knead the dough for about 20 to 30 minutes and they will help to bring crispiness after frying.
- For puris, roll the dough just enough to place the filling and cover it perfectly.
- Now very carefully roll the stuffed balls. Make sure not to add too much of pressure as the filling will squeeze out.
- Dust dry flour while rolling. Then fry then in hot ghee or oil.
- For gujiyas roll the dough into thin puri, place the stuffing and fold the puri in to semi-circle, press the corners and gently fold the corners to get a beautiful design. Deep fry.
- Recipe Courtesy: A Pinch Of Love