Quick Rice Kheer Recipe
Quick rice kheer is a perfect dessert to satiate your quick sweet cravings. The vegetarian dessert is made from rice and is very easy to make. It is best for the kids as they can enjoy the deliciousness of milk and rice in the form of kheer.
You can also learn to make it at home with our quick recipe tutorial. All you need is some soaked basmati rice, milk and sugar.
The rice kheer can be made by putting all the ingredients in a pressure cooker and let it cook until done. You can let it cool and reduce the kheer further if you want so that it forms a thick consistency. Garnish it with dry fruits.
1.5 litre Milk 8 tbsps Sugar (or according to taste) 6 tbsps basmati Rice (soaked for at least 5 mins) 1/2 tsp of Cardamom seeds crushed Raisins (according to taste) Almonds (according to taste crushed) Grated or cut into thin slices dry khopra (according to taste) 1/4 cup of water
How to Make Quick Rice Kheer:
- Take a pressure cooker, pour the milk in it, add sugar, water and set it on high heat. Keep stirring and bring it to a boil. Make sure that the milk does not burn.
- Add the crushed cardamom and rice.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let the whistle blow once, then reduce the heat to between low and medium high and let cook for the next 15 minutes.
- Now switch off the heat and let the pressure cooker cool down on it's own. This is very important, as this is what will give the kheer its red colour and consistency.
- Once cool, open the lid and add the raisins, almonds and khopra (dry coconut).
- Serve hot or cold.