Ratlami Sev Recipe
Ratlami sev is a famous snack and is made up of gram flour. It is a favorite snacking food among vegetarians throughout India.
We can see it in the markets being sold at the grocery stores. We generally buy these snacks from the stores but what we don't know is that it can be easily prepared at home by deep frying the bite sized sev made out of gram flour dough.
A lot of spices are mixed to enhance the flavor further more. A pinch of soda bi carb will help in raising the flour to perfect consistency. To know how to make it, follow our recipe below.
How to Make Ratlami Sev:
- Take a pan and dry roast, cloves, pepper corns, fennel seeds and carom seeds.
- Take out in a bowl and grind with rest of the spices, listed in spice mix and make a fine powder.
- Sieve the powder and keep aside.
- Take water and oil in a jar and blend with the help of hand blender till the mixture become white in colour.
- Now add lemon juice, 2.5 tbsp of masala powder, soda and blend again for a minute with hand blender.
- Add this mixture (add little liquid at a time) in gram flour, mix and make a medium soft dough.
- Grease your hands and the sev mould with oil. Place the dough in the sev maker/muruku maker with medium size net.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and press and squeeze the mould over the pan to make sev on medium heat.
- When the sev come on the surface of oil then turn the side and cook from both the sides till golden in colour.
- Drain the sev on a paper napkin to absorb the excess oil.
- Roughly crush the sev to make small pieces.
- Store in an air tight container when it cools down completely.
- Recipe courtesy: Maayeka