Restaurant Style Green Peas Masala Recipe
Restaurant Style Green Peas Masala is a tomato and cashew nut based gravy Indian dish. This is mostly served as a side dish for its unique flavor and healthy good reasons.
The recipe is made with slow cooking and is famous one among vegetarians for its wholesome taste. But not many of us know how to make Green Peas Masala in restaurant style.
Let us spill the beans. The key to making a great restaurant style Green Peas Masala is to make a nice cashew nut paste. That's what weaves the magic in the whole dish. The rest is to garnish with kasoori methi and serve with pulao or rotis.
How to Make Restaurant Style Green Peas Masala:
- Pressure cook peas for 2 whistles and set aside.
- First grind cashews with curd to a smooth creamy paste, set aside.
- Add a tsp of oil and add the ingredients under 'to saute and grind' and saute till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Cool and grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat butter, add cloves, cinnamon and cumin. Once it splutters, add onion and saute till slightly brown.
- Then add the tomato paste and saute.
- Saute for 3-5 mins then add channa masala, red chilli powder and required salt.
- Add water as required and bring it to a loose consistency.
- Allow it to boil for 2 mins.
- Then add the cashew paste and give a quick stir.
- Add cooked peas, sugar and cook on a low flame for 5 mins.
- Then add kasoori methi and coriander leaves and turn off stove.
- Serve hot with rotis or with mild pulaos.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmis Passions