Shahi Chicken Biryani Recipe
Shahi chicken biryani recipe is an extremely popular non-vegetarian rice dish which is a quintessential delicacy from the Mughlai cuisine.
Mughlai cuisine, as we all know, belongs to the era of Mughals and was cooked in the kitchens of maharajas and nawabs. This Indian recipe holds that tradition in true flavor in one dish altogether.
The main ingredients involved are marinated chicken and basmati rice which are layered to give the perfect blend of flavors and saffron on top of it to enhance the aroma even more.
Learn how to make this main course dish by following out step by step guide. Get ready to take your kitchen over by this aromatic pulao dish.
How to Make Shahi Chicken Biryani:
- Marinate the chicken with garlic, ginger, coriander, green chilli, tomato paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dry garam masala powder, salt and yogurt. Keep it aside for half an hour.
- Cook rice separately (do not cook fully, keep it semi-cooked), add salt, sprinkle it with colour and keep aside.
- Heat milk, put a pinch of kesar and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan. Deep fry half the quantity of onions and all the potatoes till onion is golden brown. Remove both from the pan and keep aside.
- Fry the remaining onion in the same oil till slight golden brown and put the marinated chicken. Cook for 10 mins.
- Take a separate utensil, put Ghee and 1 tbsp of oil, half quantity of semi-cooked rice, all fried potatoes and half quantity of fried onions and milk of kesar. Put the cooked chicken on top of it and then cover it with the remaining semi-cooked rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and rest of the fried onions.
- Tightly cover the utensil and cook for another 10 mins.
- Serve hot with salad, lemon and papad.