Simple Aloo Curry Recipe
Simple Aloo Curry, as the name says, is an easy to make tomato based Indian curry and relished by vegetarians for its tangy taste.
It is more of a comfort dish. The dish is mostly popular in Northern regions of India. It tastes amazing for its simplicity and unique flavor. Aloo and tomato are the main ingredients of the dish.
If you are wondering how to make this dish, here it is. A nice blend of tomato curry is what makes the base for the dish in which potatoes are being simmered. As soon as the hot and delicious Aloo tomato curry is ready, you can serve it as a side dish. The fusion of tanginess of tomatoes and spices will be a delight to the palette.
250gms - potato, peeled and cut into 1to1.5 - inch cubes 2 onions, medium-sized, cut into small pieces 100gms - tomatoes, chopped fine 2 green chillies, cut into small pieces Turmeric powder, a pinch salt 2 tbsp - oil 1/2 tbsp - coriander powder (dry fried crushed roughly along with garlic) 6 peeled Garlic Cloves 3/4 tsp - Red Chilli powder 2 tsp - chopped, coriander
How to Make Simple Aloo Curry:
- Follow these simple steps to make delicious Aloo Curry. Heat oil. Add onion, chilli pieces, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry till onion becomes soft
- Add red chilli powder, potato, a little water and salt.
- Let it cook covered till potato becomes soft.
- Add tomato pieces, cover and let it simmer for another 2-3 mins till the tomato becomes soft and blends well with potato.
- Add dhania powder and crushed garlic, stir well; cover and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander, mix and remove.
- Serve as side dish.