Simple palak curry Recipe
- Author :
- On :
- Tuesday, 31 May, 2016
- Category :
- Course :
- Side dish
- Cuisine :
- Technique :
- Difficulty :
- Servings :
- Serves 4
- RATINGs :
based on 100
Palak Recipes from Bawarchi. Palak curry is a healthy palak recipe, which can be served with rice and chapattis.
Simple Palak Curry, as the name goes, is an easy to make Indian vegetarian dish. It is famously served as side dish in India and relished all across the country for its goodness.
Palak is well known green for its healthy properties. Palak is not a favorite among kids but you can make this recipe to indulge them in healthy eating.You must be thinking how to make this healthy Palak Curry recipe already. Well it involves easy stewing technique. It involves spinach as puree and is cooked with tomato gravy for nice tangy twist. Finally a nice touch of yoghurt and your palak curry is ready to be served with rice or roti.
1 bunch - fresh spinach, washed and chopped 2 - medium sized onion, chopped roughly 1 - big sized well ripened tomatoes, chopped 2 - Cloves Garlic 1/2 tsp - Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder 2 tsp - chilli powder 1 tsp - coriander powder 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala powder 2 tbsp - Yoghurt salt Oil
How to Make Simple palak curry:
- Palak Recipes is simple and easy-to-make steps
- Grind the onions, tomatoes and garlic to a smooth paste and keep it aside. Now whip the roughly chopped spinach in the blender and keep it aside. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry the cumin seeds until they turn dark.
- Add the onion-tomato mixture. Cover and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- Tip in the spice powders and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Now, add the spinach puree.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 10 mins.
- Switch off the flame. Finally add yogurt and mix well until well-blended.