Soya Masaledar Recipe
Soya masaledar is a delightful curry made with soya which has a very thick gravy. This vegetarian recipe is loved by people who want a healthy alternative to the non-vegetarian foods.
The high protein content in soya is indeed very good for health. This recipe can be eaten by the diet conscious people as well because soya mainly consists of protein only. The recipe is very simple and you can learn how to make it at home using our recipe guide.
Soya chunks are boiled in salted water until soft and then simmered with tomato and onion gravy. Some spices like cumin powder, coriander powder and haldi will impart a strong flavor to the dish. The dish tastes best when eaten with rotis or parathas.
4 - Soya chunks Salt to taste For the masalas: 2 cups - Browned Onions 3 tsp - Ginger-garlic paste 1 cup - Tomato paste 1 cup - Oil 1 tsp - Haldi powder 2 tbsp - Coriander powder 1 tsp - Roasted cumin powder 1/2 tsp - Red Chilli powder Fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
How to Make Soya Masaledar:
- Drop the soya chops in a pan with hot salted water.
- Allow the chops to remain in the salted hot water for 10 minutes. Drain out from the water and keep aside.
- Heat half the quantity of the oil in a pan and fry the soya chops till golden brown.
- Mix in the browned onions and the spices and the pastes and mix gently and continue to stir fry on low flame for at least 5-7 minutes till the mixture and the chops have mixed well into each other.
- Add the remaining oil a little at a time when you are mixing the chops and masalas.
- Add 3-4 tbsp. of water and cover with a lid and allow the chops to become slightly tender.
- The final preparation will be with very little rich gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with rotis.