Stir Fried Thai Noodles (Pad Thai) Recipe
Phad Thai or Pad Thai or Pat Thai is the Thai version of stir- fried noodles. Traditionally the flat rice noodles are stir fried with egg, flavoured with fish sauce, tamarind juice and garnished with peanuts and crunchy dried shrimps, adding a crunch to the dish. The recipe here also has a some Tofu and Prawns adding protein to the dish, making it balanced, wholesome and healthy.
Phad Thai is extremely popular as a street food in Thailand and globally it is the best known Thai food.
How to Make Stir Fried Thai Noodles (Pad Thai):
- Soak rice noodles in water till softened. Drain and reserve.
- Mix palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind juice and chilli powder together. Heat stirring till sugar is dissolved.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, fry prawns, add little of the above sauce and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry the tofu.
- Add sliced shallots, chopped radish and noodles.
- Add the remaining sauce and little water or stock.
- Add peanuts and dried shrimps.
- Stir fry till well combined. Push it to a side of the pan.
- Pour remaining oil on the empty side and add unbeaten egg.
- Stir till lightly cooked. Flip the noodles over it.
- Add bean sprouts and spring onions and stir briefly.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh bean sprouts and spring onions. Serve hot.