A Microwave dish where long brinjals are stuffed with spices, coconut, peanut and salt. Brinjal With Coconut Masala can be served as a side along with a Rice-Dal meal or Rotis
- 4 long firm aubergines
- 1 tbsp - peanut, crushed
- 1 tbsp - coconut, grated
- 1 tsp - red chilli powder
- 1 tsp - dhania (coriander seed) powder
- 1/4 tsp - turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp - garam masala
- 1/2 tsp - mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/2 tsp - each ginger & garlic, grated
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp - oil
- 1 tbsp - coriander, finely chopped
How to Make Brinjal With Coconut Masala
- Mix all the spices, coconut, peanut and salt together.
- Wash and slit the aubergines lengthwise.
- Stuff each one with the masala mixture.
- Place in a shallow bowl which has a loose lid.
- Heat the oil, add ginger garlic and pour over aubergines.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or till almost done.
- Turn once at half time.
- Allow to stand for 3-4 minutes before serving.
- Chop into 1 inch chunks.
- Garnish with coriander.