Stuffed Karela With Onion Masala Recipe
Stuffed Karela with onion masala is a unique Indian dish with such exquisite flavor that it will make even bitter karela taste like heaven.
You must be wondering how to make this side dish that can transform the bitter gourd in a tasty appetizer. Well the important ingredients in this recipe are - Karelas and the stuffing mixture. For stuffing mixture, add onion, garlic and spices in a blender and make a fine paste and fry it. The stuffing mix is stuffed carefully in karelas to perfection.
And that's how our tasty Karela dish is ready to be served with rice.
How to Make Stuffed Karela With Onion Masala:
- For the masala, add all the ingredients (onion, garlic, dhania, jeera, dry chillies) in the blender and grind them to a fine paste.
- Fry the paste in a pan using required amount of oil. Add salt to the paste. Keep aside.
- Wash karelas properly and cut them at both ends in such a way that you can stuff the masala. The karelas should not be cut completely, they should remain whole.
- After cutting, keep the karelas in microwaveable plate and microwave them for about 5 mins. They will become a little tender.
- If you don't have a microwave, you can directly start frying the karelas.
- Now take a pan and place it on the stove. Add oil and fry the karelas till they are cooked (you can also deep fry them.)
- Take out the karelas from the pan and let them cool for some time.
- Now, stuff the fried masala paste in the fried karelas. Don't break the karelas.
- Fry the stuffed karelas again for about 5-10 mins on a low flame, depending on how deeply you want to fry them.
- If you have any paste remaining, add that in as well. Fry till they are done.