Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe
Tutti frutti cake is an Indian dessert made by following simple baking technique. The kid-friendly dessert recipe is loved by kids and grown-ups equally. It can be relished with your evening tea as a snack or made as a special dessert for any occasion or party at home.
You can learn how to make it and impress your guests over the weekend. The recipe involves the regular cake ingredients like flour, sugar and milk along with loads of tutti fruttis. Eggs are also used in making this recipe however you can skip them if you are a vegetarian.
2 cups - all-purpose flour/maida 1.25 cups - granulated Sugar 1/2 cup - tutti frutti 2 tbsp - unsalted Butter 3/4 cup - Milk 2 eggs - at room temperature 2 tsp - baking powder 1 tsp - baking soda 3 tsp - vanilla essence 2 tsp - cashews [just to sprinkle on top]
How to Make Tutti Frutti Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda twice and keep aside.
- Mix tutti frutti with a little flour, say 1-2 tbsp, and set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar - it will look like breadcrumbs.
- Add the eggs, one by one, to the sugar-butter mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and milk, and mix well.
- Next add the flour, baking powder, soda mixture. Mix until a creamy batter is formed without lumps.
- Fold in the tutti frutti.
- Grease a pan with butter and sprinkle with flour. Tap to remove excess.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 mins until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool completely and then slice.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmis Passions