Couverture chocolate, which is cocoa butter from the purest and the richest cocoa beans from around the world, has various health benefits. Cocoa butter helps in anti-aging, and improved skin health, says an expert.
What are the benefits of of couverture chocolates? Vibhu Mahajan, Chief Operating Officer at Choko la, the manufacturing company, says:
* Cocoa is one of the highest known natural sources of anti-oxidants in the world. It is rich in Flavan-3-ol, anti-oxidant compounds which can improve cognition, lower blood pressure and increase circulations.
* Cocoa butter used in couverture has lower melting point. This increases ‘friendly cholesterol' HDL levels and maintains total cholesterol level.
* Cocoa butter which is one of the main ingredients in the preparation of couverture chocolates, helps in combating kidney problems and also prevents cardiac diseases.
* Real couverture dark chocolate is said to reduce risk of arteriosclerosis (thickening of walls of arteries in a person's body which hampers the blood flow).
* The phenethylamine present in chocolate uplifts one's mood instantaneously.
* Due to low glycemic index of chocolate, one can be carefree about surge in blood sugar levels.
* Theobromine present in couverture chocolate hardens tooth enamel and cures cough.
* Flavonoids present in cocoa can help one in getting glowing and healthier skin.