Egg Curry in Coconut Masala showcases boiled eggs in a gravy of blended coconut, spices and tamarind juice. Serve with Kerala style Aapams if you are in the mood for a spicy breakfast, or with rotis/rice for lunch or dinner.
- 1/2- coconut (grated)
- 4 -red chillies
- 1 tsp-cumin
- 1 tsp -mustard seeds
- 4 flakes -garlic
- 1/4" piece-ginger
- 1 tsp.- turmeric
- tamarind juice to taste
- 1 -onion (sliced)
- 1 -tomato (chopped)
How to Make Egg Curry in Coconut Masala
Hard-boil the eggs.
- Shell, cut into halves and set aside.
- Grind the coconut, chillies, cumin, mustard, garlic and ginger and mix in with the turmeric and tamarind juice.
- Fry the onion and when brown, add the masala and tomato.
- When well fried, add a cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Lay the eggs gently over the masala, cover the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Garnish with coriander leaves.