Prawn Risotto is a unique risotto recipe which comes out deliciously with the fusion of prawns and Italian flavors.
You will require large prawns for the recipe. It is best to buy risotto rice yet ordinary fine rice will also go. You need to start by frying up the rice into butter with some onions. As soon as they get cooked a little, put some stock along with boiled prawns and grated cheese.
- 1 kg - Large prawns
- 115 gms - Butter
- 100 gms - Onions
- 225 gms - Rice
- 115 gms - Grated cheese
- 2 litres - Stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Prawn Risotto
- Melt 60 gms butter.
- Add chopped onions and cook till it starts to change colour.
- Add washed and drained rice and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add stock a little a time and cook rice.
- Melt 50 gms. butter, add boiled prawns. Saute.
- Add to rice.
- Add melted butter and grated cheese. Mix well.
- Check for seasoning.