Pepper Drumstick Leaves or Murungai Keerai Poriyal is a spicy side dish that can be served with hot rice and curry. This Tamil Nadu dish is rich in protein, calcium, iron, beta
Leaves of the Moringa or Drumstick tree is the latest superfood fad. Moringa leaves are said to contain more than seven times the vitamin C of oranges, four times the vitamin A of carrots, and three times the potassium of bananas.
To prepare the Moringa leaves for cooking, remove all the stems and collect the green leaves alone.
- Drumstick leaves - 100grams
- Onion (small) - 4
- Garlic - 4 pieces
- Ghee - 3 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Pepper - 3 Teaspoon
How to Make Pepper Drumstick Leaves (Murungai Keerai Poriyal)
- Add ghee and oil in a pan.
- When the oil sizzles, add chopped small onions, garlic and turmeric powder.
- Add the drumstick leaves. The leaves will let out water. Let the water dry.
- Now add salt, pepper and mix it well.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
Accompaniments: Serve with hot rice and curry.