Inspired by Mughlai cuisine, Shahi Paneer is a dish with paneer and a thick gravy of cream, tomatoes, cashewnuts and spices.
Shahi Paneer is mainly eaten with roti or naan, rice and bread. If you want a less sweeter paneer dish, try out our recipes for Paneer Butter Masala
- 1 tbsp - oil
- 1 - onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp - thick ginger-garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp - red chilli powder
- 1 tsp - coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp - turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp - clove powder
- 1/4 tsp - cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp - nutmeg powder
- 4 tsp - tomato puree
- 1/2 cup - tender cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp - salt
- 1/2 cup - water
- 200 gms - paneer, cut into cubes or desired shape
- 1- 2 tbsp - fresh cream
- 2 tsp - chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Shahi Paneer with Cashew Nuts
- Dilute red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in 1 tbsp of water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions and fry till they are golden in color on medium to low heat.
- Add thick ginger-garlic paste to it and stir well on low heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until the raw smell goes.
- Add diluted red chilli-coriander-turmeric powder mix to it.
- Stir it well on low heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until it is well combined with onions and ginger - garlic paste.
- Add clove powder, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder to it. Mix it well.
- Add tomato puree and mix it well.
- Add tender cashew nuts, salt and 1/2 cup of water to it.
- Cover it with a tight lid and cook on medium to low heat for 15 minutes or until the cashew nuts are soft.
- Add paneer pieces to it. Cover it again and cook on low to medium heat for 7 minutes or until it is done.
- Add thick fresh cream and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves to it.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya Prakash's World