Masala Milk is a healthy beverage made by boiling milk along with powdered almonds, pistachios and cardamom.
Masala Milk is made during festive occassions like Holi and Sharad Poornima. But it can also be had as calming drink for a good night's sleep.
The drink can be had hot or cold, depending on the season and your personal preference.
- 1 liter - milk
- 50 g - almonds
- 50 g - pistachios (unsalted)
- 15 - cardamoms (peeled)
- 20 strands - saffron
- sugar as required - (app 12 tbsp)
How to Make Spicy masala milk
- Grind the almonds and the pistachios coarsely.
- Powder the cardamoms.
- Soak the saffron strands in 3 to 4 tbsp hot milk.
- Boil the milk.
- After a boil add the almonds, pistas and saffron.
- Boil the milk for about 20 minutes. Add sugar.
- When the sugar dissolves completely remove from gas.
- Cool completely and refrigerate. Serve cold.